Kroozin Canada

Friday, October 05, 2007

Cycling on my own... yikes!

What happened to my cycling gang??!!
Cooking for one person, how does one do that??!
Tent buddy Kelly, where did you go? What?!
No planned accommodations for this evening?
Who's planning the route, making breakfast, packing up, calling the shots... hello?...Guess it's me then!!!

Wow, after 2 months of community living in close quarters, leaving my buddies in Moncton to cycle 9 days to Annapolis Royal and ending my solo journey in Kejimkujik National Park (central NS) was a bit of a shock at first. But soon, Zoom, T-dubs (my new flag pole maskot, generously given as a gift from Jocelyn, one of our inspiring tour leaders after Guy-dubs got lost in New Brunswick) and I were on a role and caught what I like to call the "open-road-syndrome".


Here's my buddy T-dubs (aka turtle and well, my last name has been reduced to "dubs")

Clocking in over 100kms/day and plenty of hills, I met some great folks, slept in some random places and even was lucky enough to visit Erica and Josh on the way, in Wolfville, a great town that has a great atmosphere and plenty of fair trade goodies. Ending it off in Keji park was also a treat. It's a beautiful spot with lots of lakes and rivers and friendly campers. It was a treat to catch a ride back with my campsite neighbours to Halifax... the legs appreciated it! :)

Goodtimes, goodtimes! :)

Ode to freedom...

kw


Some very friendly folks I met on the road, from Cleveland (with crazy cool rain gear!)




Bay of Fundy sunset... beauty





Keji, calm, cool and serene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home