Kroozin Canada

Friday, October 05, 2007

O... tesha!

After a whirlwind of a summer with my fellow traveling theatre-troupers, I thought I'd add a post about my experience as part of the Otesha project's East Coast cycling and presenting tour.

The group of us all got a long really well and I feel like I have close conspirers in planet health-ifying all over the country. The collective contribution of talent, passion and ideas was truly beautiful. Our skit remained fresh despite our numerous presentations during the 2 months, and our team interactions were swell, even when everyone was tired, stinky and bug-bitten. A true family experience!

I must say, what an energetic pace these kids muster! My goodness, between planning and rehearsing our play (which focused environmental and social justice issues and the power each of us has in making positive choices everyday), team meetings (gotta love the hand signals when you're using consensus decision making), shopping for groceries and cooking and other day to day things... (oh yah, like cycling!) it was quite an energetic experience. I had plans to read, carve wood, do art, meditate everyday, journal, swap skills with my fellow presenting pals... yes, well I learned!!! Indeed, allocating time for laundry and the occasional chain cleaning was pretty much all I could squeeze in!!

It was a great way to see more of the Maritimes, my new home. There are so many fascinating communities scattered here and there and lots of really neat folks and initiatives. The diverse scenery was also pretty cool. From the "flower pot" rocks in the Bay of Fundy, serene rivers like the Miramichi, rough exposed coast line along Nova Scotia's Southern shore, rolling farmland throughout rural New Brunswick, it was pretty spectacular.

All in all, it seems pretty crazy to be back in Halifax, a big city, and without a traveling community. But the experience has been impactful (all about the "good action"!) and I'm excited to put what I learned into practise!

Pictures to come... hopefully shortly!

Many cheers and well chained gears! ;)
Kristy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home