Kroozin Canada

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Watch out Maritimes... here comes Team Otesha!

That's right: drivers, clear the road,
Youth, get excited about environmental sustainability,
Pull out the recycling bins, open up minds, turn those frowns upside down...
As here comes Team Otesha on the Maritimes Tour!! :)

Hello loyal blog readers excited about a green future!

I've posted before a little bit about the Otesha Project and the bike tours that are occuring across Canada to promote the issues of environmental sustainability and social justice to youth. I am a member of the Maritimes team, one of 14 21-30 year olds who are passionate about the environment and encouraging others to consider their everyday choices in light of the health of our good'ol friend: Mother Earth!

We will be touring around the Maritimes on 2 wheels (well, 2x14 actually... plus bike trailers) for 2 months giving presentations and engaging others on how they can make a difference.

I'm super excited and looking forward to meeting the team this afternoon. I'd also like to thank all of you who supported me in this initiative through helping with my fundraising or providing encouragement along the way. We will have a team blog to update you of our travels and I will provide you with more information after our week long training week which begins... today! :)

All the best to everyone for a great summer filled with lots of smiles and of course, watermellons! :)

Cheerio,
Kristy

2 Comments:

Blogger Drea said...

John was telling me you are spending the summer on a bike tour! Excellent ...... I hope all the best weather for you, looking forward to hear how it is going!

Cheers!

3:21 PM  
Blogger momsky said...

Hi Kristy,
Way to go. I hope you are able to keep those black flies at bay. Wear lots of sun screen and have fun!!! You are amazing to get back from your trip and be on the road so soon. Go Kruzy!
Love Momsky

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home